American Islamic Outreach Foundation is seeking a part-time marketing and social media manager to enhance its public relations. This position is responsible for managing internal and external communications including general visibility, social media, and media outreach strategies as directed by the CEO and the board of Directors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and implementation of the AIOF’s social media strategy.
- Manage and maintain all AIOF social media output ensuring it complies with AIOF policies and standards.
- Develop and deliver high profile and impactful social media campaigns.
- Create marketing contents through Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, WhatsApp and other popular social media and email marketing platforms.
- Support creating effective social media content to promote the message and values of Islam to Muslim and Non-Muslim audience. Also focus on keeping all Muslims informed with the activities of AIOF.
- Assist with creating and managing public relations and media relations campaigns, working with other organizations and masajid, responding to media inquiries, monitoring and tracking media mentions.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
- Proficient in usage and content creation in Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, WhatsApp and other popular social media platforms
- Experience in communications, media, journalism or a related field is highly desirable.
- A good understanding of general practices, methods, and procedures related to public relations, media relations, and marketing.
- Passionate about Islamic dawah, spreading Islam with good editing, writing, skills.
- Good knowledge about social media best practices.
- Able to work independently and detail oriented
- Successful candidate is able to work from home full time but will require to attend face to face meetings occasionally.
- Preferred location is Atlanta, GA or Charlotte, NC.